Thursday, October 28, 2010

i love teal!

My love for coloured eyeshadow fluctuates almost daily. Some days I can't get enough purple...others I'm obsessed with neutrals. But I always, always come back to teal eyeshadow. Since my fascination for makeup began, I've stuck with teal. I used to be so afraid of pink & purple...it wasn't until about 3 years ago that I really started to create looks based off those colours as opposed to just plopping them wherever. 

Anyway. Tonight I have a regurgitated makeup look. I've done this style/shape before & wanted to do it again with teal :D I've kinda been in a rut with makeup. I sit at my vanity & just think of what to do & I end up leaving the house with just mascara. YIKES D: I am doing some major MAC-haulage tomorrow, so I hope I can get myself back into doing makeup daily.

Enough blabbering, here's tonights look :)




Photoshopped, obv :P


I just did the one eye tonight, because I was in conversation with my sister while doing this & before we knew it, over an hour had passed....and I just grew way too lazy for a complete look.

Here's the breakdown;


Eyes moisturized with Burt's Bees Radiance eye cream
NYX White eyeshadow base on entire eye area
MAC Brill eyeshadow as a wash
MAC Haunting & Too Dolly eyeshadows on the middle lid
Ben Nye White eyeshadow on the inner & outer lid, outer wing, inner tear duct & right under the brow
Random soft black eyeliner to define/cut the crease, blended out with a pencil brush
Kryolan Sea eyeshadow applied over the crease & outer lower lash line
MAC Jewel Blue eyeshadow applied above crease, lightly pulled upward & also applied on the lower lashline, pulled down/outward
LA Splash Tantrum Teal diamond dust/glitter applied above crease (used wet with Ben Nye LiquiSeal)
Sally Girl Pearly White glitter applied on brow bone (used wet with Ben Nye LiquiSeal)
Ardell #45 lashes (cut to fit)
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in blackest black
Random white eyeliner on the lower waterline

The lower, inner wing on this was SUPER wonky...so I tried to crop it out of the photos. I made a mistake when I applied the liner...I forgot to blend it out & instead just applied the dark teal right over it. EW @ harsh lines

Hopefully my next post will be a Halloweeeeenie kind. I'm going to try and find an orange glitter tomorrow so I can complete the look I have in mind. I did another Dia De Los Muertos look the other night, but there was sooo much wrong with it that I decided to spare myself & washed it off D: I've been wanting to do another one so bad! I just need the motivation to stay concentrated.

Anyway! Hope you enjoyed the look :) I might post my haul/review/swatches tomorrow the the MAC Holiday collection "A Tartan Tale" /crosses fingers

5 comments:

femputer said...

Very pretty!

Hehe, I've totally spent myself on one eye before!

Christina said...

I also love teal. This is so pretty!

Shanna said...

(wow I'm late) but holy smokes I love this, this is gorgeous. Absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey I just found your blog and I have to say that I think it's absolutely brilliant :) Keep up the good work! x