Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Showcase: Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Palette


I want to start off by saying that the Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Palette is BY FAR my favourite piece to my makeup collection. I've owned this for almost 3 years & I think my kit would be incomplete without this palette.

The colours in this palette are so versatile, creamy & vibrant. What more could you honestly ask for? You're given a nice range of colours (12 in total) that will help you create & complete your looks. These eyeshadows are HUGE! Especially when compared to MAC;


Their payoff & overall quality cannot be beat. I've always loved Ben Nye cosmetics because they are inexpensive & are way better than your leading high-end brand by a LONG SHOT.

Now, onto the swatches! :)






[OK. Why is it so hard to position your photos on this blog?! YIKES, posting these seriously took 30 minutes because the photos kept moving to wonky positions, ugh :/ I tried putting them in coloured order, but I sincerely failed, hahah.]

Anyway! As you can see, these colours are awesome. I paid $60 +shipping for my palette from eBay. I recommend funhousetheatrical if you choose eBay because they are an authorized Ben Nye retailer (always a plus, you'll know you're getting real Ben Nye makeup) I've read a couple people have been able to score this for cheaper, but I'm unsure of where. I've never seen it in any of my local Halloween shops.

I believe the set of Lumiere Grande eyeshadows is 20 in total. The Grande palette supplies 12 & I also built my own 6 pan with the others I wanted. So here are swatches of those;


/drool

There is also a collection of Lumiere Luxe powders, which is all of the Lumire Grande shadows in loose pigment form. The colours are exactly the same, but you have the benefit of using a loose shadow & when used wet, they are even more ridiculously amazing!

You can find all of the products I mention (plus TONS more Ben Nye) at the FunHouseTheatrical eBay store. I think any makeup artist and makeup junkie NEEEEED the Grande Palette. $60 may sound intimidating, but it is well worth every single penny.


*All items shown in this posting were purchased by me & were not sent complimentary of Ben Nye or F.H.T.*

4 comments:

Arezu said...

I've always heard good things about this palette, and those swatches look AMAZING.

"Jade" is calling out to me, it's such a beautiful colour!

Reen said...

Made an oopsie...in the second set of swatches, the one labeled as "Tangerine" is actually "Golden Apricot" :S

& Jade is one of my top 5 favourite eyeshadows, along with Mermaid Green.

femputer said...

Gorgeous colors! I love how the palette looks like a watercolor paint set. :D

GamerGrl said...

Where do you get this Ben Nye Awesomeness?